SKU : ELEONE36
Joining Elephant Sanctuary is an ethical and sustainable eco-tourism project located approximately 60km from the city of Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand. It is a joint initiative between members of the Karen hill-tribes and Chiang Mai locals who were concerned about the welfare of elephants in Thailand.
Pick up time: 07.30 am. – 08.00 am.
Drop off time: 5.00 pm.
- Pick up from your hotel
- Drive approximately 1 hour outside of Chiang Mai through rural landscapes, agricultural areas, and forested hills
- Arrive at the Joining elephant sanctuary. Change into traditional Karen clothing. Enjoy lesson about elephant anatomy, history , and behavior.
- Learn and make medicine for the elephants
- Meet the elephants. Feed, interact, and play with the elephants in their natural home as you learn about their behavior and history. Take photos with the elephants.
- Enjoy a lunch of traditional Thai meal and fresh fruit (Free water drinking)
- Join the elephants for a therapeutic mud spa. Enjoy mud brush and take photos with the elephants.
- Walk with the elephants to the river. Bath and brush the elephants.
- Change clothes and prepare to leave Joining elephant sanctuary.
- Drop off at your hotel
Tour included: Transfer roundtrip / Lunch / English speaking guide / Insurance
What’s to bring: Towel, Sandal, Camera, Insect spray