SKU : ELEONE36
Joining Elephant Sanctuary is an ethical and sustainable eco-tourism project located approximately 60km from the city of Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand. It is a joint initiative between members of the Karen hill-tribes and Chiang Mai locals who were concerned about the welfare of elephants in Thailand.
Pick up time: 07.30 am. – 08.00 am.
Drop off time: 5.00 pm.
- Pick up from your hotel
- Drive approximately 1 hour outside of Chiang Mai through rural landscapes, agricultural areas, and forested hills
- Arrive at the Joining elephant sanctuary. Change into traditional Karen clothing. Enjoy lesson about elephant anatomy, history , and behavior.
- Learn and make medicine for the elephants
- Meet the elephants. Feed, interact, and play with the elephants in their natural home as you learn about their behavior and history. Take photos with the elephants.
- Enjoy a lunch of traditional Thai meal and fresh fruit (Free water drinking)
- Join the elephants for a therapeutic mud spa. Enjoy mud brush and take photos with the elephants.
- Walk with the elephants to the river. Bath and brush the elephants.
- Change clothes and prepare to leave Joining elephant sanctuary.
- Drop off at your hotel
Tour included: Transfer roundtrip / Lunch / English speaking guide / Insurance
What’s to bring: Towel, Sandal, Camera, Insect spray
Stop to a traditional local market, elephant feeding, elephant mud spa and shower in the river, The Elephant place is great, of reasonable size (about 5 or 6 elephants in the camp) and people seems to love their job. This is a "no riding" tour, elephants were very well trained and treated with a lot of respect
You will not only interact with thai elephants, but also you will spend half or full day with us, eating delicious thai food, meeting people from around the world and having a lot of fun. We will teach you everything about our elephants, where they come from, what they eat, what is their daily routine, their health problems and how we cure them end much more
Kanta Elephant Sanctuary is an ethical and sustainable eco-tourism project located approximately 45km from the city of Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand. Founded in Mar 2015. A new dimention of seeing, feeling and touching the elephants in the wild open space, happy. As they are parts of our family there is no need to control them in the harm way. No training hook No ankle chain and absolutely no riding.
At Toto’s Elephant Sanctuary, is a place for observing the elephants in their natural environment, feeding and taking care of them. We do not allow the elephants to be ridden. Our aim is simply to provide a better life for these magnificent creatures and to conserve them in a respectful manner while preventing them from becoming an endangered species.