8Adventures is the premier whitewater rafting Chiang Mai outfitter. Serving up the highest quality Whitewater Rafting adventure trips on the Mae Tang River. The best 10km whitewater has to offer. Run by world class enthusiasts. Join us on this exciting, action-packed class III-IV section of whitewater. Impressive drops with superb scenery –You will not be disappointed.
Pick up time
Pick up time: 08.00 am. - 08.30 am. OR 11.30 - 12.00
Drop off time: 4.00 pm. OR 7.00 pm.
This is our signature rafting trip. 10k with a great Class III-IV rapid section on the Mae Taeng River.
• From our river camp we take a short 15 minute drive to “Sop Kai” village.
• After our full safety briefing, we set off on our adventure with the first 3 Km of exciting class III rapids through lush jungle and amazing scenery. The upper section is gorgeous with a few fun rapids to warm up in before arriving at the top of the main class IV section. Here everyone comes alive and gets ready for the section below.
• The guides will check in with each other and give the signal to go as all boats drop into the first class IV rapid. The class IV section is non-stop action. Follow your guide’s commands as you charge forward though many rewarding class IV rapids. At the bottom everyone gives a paddle high five and celebrates a job well done, completing the most exciting section of rapids in northern Thailand. But the fun is not done ~ you still have 4 kilometers of Class III and 5 more kilometers back down to 8Adventures. Don’t be surprised to see an elephant while floating down this spectacular scenic section of river.
What to bring: Sunscreen/ Refillable water bottle/ Small day pack/ dry set of clothes/ socks/ dry shoes or sandals
What to wear:
• Swimming suit (quick drying shorts to wear over swimsuit is recommended for comfort and cultural sensitivity)
• Athletic shoes
• Air-conditioned Transportation
• UL Coast Guard Approved Life Jackets
• CE EN certified helmets.
• CPR and First Aid Certified guides and staff
• Drinking water, tea or coffee
• Towel set
* They also may be requires to walk around the largest rapids on the 10 kms. rafting section.