SKU : TRKTWO07
Experience a completely off the beaten track hiking trail in Doi Inthanon National Park, rich in fauna and flora. Incredibly scenic and non touristic. Here you will hike one of a kind special hiking trails. Hiking approximately 6 hours through the heart of the rain forests.
** Please contact us first to check availability before make a payment
** Minimum booking 2 person
Pick up time: 7.00 - 7.30 am.
Drop off time: 5.00 pm.
- Pick up from your hotel between 7.00 - 7.30 am from your accommodation.
- Stop at a local market along the journey to get supplies and take a restroom break.
- Pass the Hoi Tong Karen Hilltribe village to the starting point of the hiking trail.
- Hike approximately 6 hours through the borders of Doi Inthanon and Mae Wang National Parks. Along the way, stop at a beautiful waterfall where you can swim and relax, experience the beauty of the rainforests fauna and flora and take in breathtaking views at the viewpoint.
- Stop for lunch at the waterfall
- Arrive at the Churkee Farm Stay, where you will be sleeping for the night. Relax and if you want you can discover the traditional herbal steam room where your guide will tell you about the medicinal herbs the Karen people have been using for centuries in these steam rooms. You will have a chance to enjoy the steam room and its health benefits if you like. Please let us know if you would like to try the herbal steam room, as the herbs will then have to be foraged and prepared beforehand.
- Enjoy a traditional thai dinner cooked by your guide and relax around the fire.
- We will have a slow start to the day, if you want to wake up early and go see if the gibbons are in their home tree you can.
- After breakfast, depart from camp around 10.00 am.
- Trek for about 4 hours through the jungles and rain-forest.
- Stop for lunch along the trail.
- Reach the trek end point and leave to arrive in Chiang Mai around 5.00 pm.
Please note that trails and stops may change due to weather and seasonal conditions, or depending on fitness levels of the group. The Churkee Farmstay where you will spend the night is one of our sustainable tourism projects - please feel free to make a donation to your Karen hosts if you would like to further support the project.
Tour include: Transfer roundtrip / Accident insurance / Meals (1BF+2LN+1DN) / Drinking water (2liter per person only) / Entrance fees and knowledgeable local guides
What to Bring
Wear shoes with grip suitable for trekking and climbing, swimsuit for enjoying at the waterfall and pack a warm layer, mornings and evenings can be chilly in cool season. Bring toothbrush, toothpaste and any other necessities for an overnight stay. Rain jacket for rainy season.