SKU : CNXTRK2D31
For an authentic cultural exchange come be our guests. Stay overnight with our Karen hill tribe host family. Enjoy the homeliness of staying in the traditional bamboo homes and learning about your hosts’ way of life. This trek combines the lush nature of Northern Thailand with the charming customs of the indigenous mountain hill tribes of Doi Inthanon National Park.
MINIMUM BOOKING 2 PERSONS
- Explore Doi Inthanon National Park, visit the King and Queen Pagodas, see 3 amazing waterfalls and reach the Highest Peak in Thailand.
- Enjoy tea at Mhong Hill Tribe Café Farm View.
- Karen Hill Tribe Homestay. Learn about traditional mountain folks’ life.
- Learn how to cook the classic Thai dish Pad Thai.
- Non-touristic Nature Trail.
- Experience Rice Farmers’ Life.
- Mountain trail
- Difficulty: Medium
- Total Trekking distance: 4 km
- Trek duration: 2-3 hours (approx.)
Day 1 : The peak of Doi Inthanon
- Pick up from your hotel between 8:00-8:30am.
- Transportation to Doi Inthanon National Park, the home of the highest Thai mountain.
- You will begin by exploring the national park's two most popular waterfalls Maeklang and Wachirathan Waterfalls. Here you can take time, relax, take photos and soak in the natural beauty.
- After, we will drive to the Highest spot in Thailand and discover the wonderous Angka nature trail.
- Next, you will visit the two chedis (pagodas) dedicated to the King and Queen, and enjoy the beautiful panoramic viewpoints.
- Then we will take a short drive to a Karen Hill Tribe Village where you can have lunch at a local restaurant that serves delicious Northern Thai cuisine and local coffee.
- After lunch, before heading to your homestay, you will visit a local market where you will see traditional foods.
- Once at your homestay, you will get to walk around the farmland and learn about what they grow.
- After a short time to relax we will cook and enjoy dinner together.
Day 2 : Experience the hilltribe life
- Start your day with a delicious homemade breakfast prepared by your hosts.
- When ready, you will say goodbye to your hosts and begin your trekking adventure.
- Your guide will take you through lush forests and picturesque rural landscapes. You will be lead to some hidden gems, including smaller waterfalls where you will able to cool off and relax.
- For lunch, you will help and learn how to make Pad Thai. You will learn the secret of this classic Thai dish.
- After lunch, enjoy time in the rice fields where you can learn about the traditional methods of rice cultivation and try your hand at ploughing the rice field.
- Finally, bid farewell to your guide and return to your hotel.
- This itinerary offers a blend of nature, culture, and hands-on experiences, allowing you to connect with the beauty of Doi Inthanon National Park, learn about the Karen Hill Tribe way of life, and enjoy a memorable homestay experience.
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel
- Drinking water
- 4 meals
- Home stay
- Accident insurance
- Tour guide and local assistant
- 400 baht national park fee
- Water and drinks
Do's and Dont's
- Carry as little luggage as possible
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Carry along a mosquito repellent spray
- Dress appropriately
Bring: towel, swimming suit, tooth brush, tooth paste, 2 t-shirts, 2 pants, sun cream, mosquito spray, walking shoes, flash light, (sweater in cold season), (rain coat in raining season)