SKU : CNXFUELE08
Established in 2016, Into the Wild Elephant Camp, Chiang Mai is an ethical elephant camp in the south of Chiang Mai Province. Our mission is to give our retired and rescued elephants a sustainable home that is safe and secure, yet they are able to roam freely and live as naturally as possible. Located in Chiang Mai’s Mae Wang District, our ethical and sustainable camp is surrounded by lush tropical jungle where our elephants can go foraging for food on their own and enjoy bathing in the river that flows through the camp.
Pick up time: 08.00 am. – 08.30 am.
Drop off time: 5.30 pm. - 6.00 pm.
- Pick up from your hotel or accommodation at 08:30 am - 09:00 am.
- Drive about 1.5 hours to Into the Wild Elephant Camp, located in the southern mountains of Chiang Mai
- Stop at a local market for a short visit to support the local community before heading to the camp.
- Learn about the history and behavior of Thai elephants with a discussion on elephant care ethics in Thailand.
- Spend quality time with our elephants and get familiar with them by feeding them bananas.
- Walk with our elephants into the tropical jungle to learn how to feed, play and observe the way our elephants live freely in their natural habitat.
- Enjoy a delicious and healthy Thai lunch.
- Learn how to make herbal vitamin balls and gain an insight into the traditional elephant medicines.
- Accompany our elephants to a nearby natural mud spa and take part in their daily grooming by bathing and brushing their skins.
- Rinse off in the river before saying goodbye to your newfound friends.
- Finish the ethical elephant experience and return to your accommodation in Chiang Mai at around 5:30pm.
Tour included: Transportation / Lunch / Tour guide /Drinking water / Insurance
What to bring: Sandal / Change clothes / Swimming suite / Hat / Towel / Sun screen / Insect repellent